1. Kauer JM. Functional anatomy of the wrist. Clin Orthop 1980;149:9–20.
2. Nakamura K, Patterson RM, Moritomo H, et al. Type I versus type II lunates: ligament anatomy and presence of arthrosis. J Hand Surg 2001;26:228–236.
3. Ritt MJ, Bishop AT, Berger RA, et al. Lunotriquetral ligament properties: a comparison of three anatomic subregions. J Hand Surg 1998;23:425–431.
4. Taliesnik J. The ligaments of the wrist. J Hand Surg 1976;1:110–118.
5. Berger RA. The ligaments of the wrist. A current overview of anatomy with considerations of their potential functions. Hand Clin 1997;13:63–82.
6. Mayfield JK, Johnson RP, Kilcoyne RK. The ligaments of the human wrist and their functional significance. Anat Rec 1976;186:417–428.
7. Viegas SF, Patterson RM, Peterson PD, et al. Ulnar-sided perilunate instability: an anatomic and biomechanics study. J Hand Surg 1994;15:268–278.
8. Berger RA. Arthroscopic anatomy of the wrist and distal radioulnar joint. Hand Clin 1999;15:393–413.
9. Berger RA, Crowninshield RD, Flatt AE. The three-dimensional rotation behaviors of the carpal bones. Clin Orthop 1982;167:303–310.
10. Kobayashi K, Berger RA, Linscheid RL, et al. Intercarpal kinematics during wrist motion. Hand Clin 1997;13:143–149.
11. Kobayashi M, Berger RA, Nagy L, et al. Normal kinematics of carpal bones: a three-dimensional analysis of carpal bone motion relative to the radius. J Biomech 1997;30:787–793.
12. Youm Y, McMurthry RY, Flatt AE, et al. Kinematics of the wrist. J Bone Joint Surg 1978;60:423–431.
13. Palmer AK, Werner FW, Murphy D, et al. Functional wrist motion: a biomechanical study. J Hand Surg 1985;10:39–46.
14. Micik ZD. Age changes in the triangular fibrocartilage of the wrist joint. J Anat 1978;126:367–384.
15. Czitrom AA, Dobyns JH, Linscheid RL. Ulnar variance in carpal instability. J Hand Surg 1987;12:205–208.
16. Taleisnik J. Pain on the ulnar side of the wrist. Hand Clin 1987;3:51–68.
17. Palmer AK, Glisson RR, Werner FW. Relationship between ulnar variance and triangular fibrocartilage complex thickness. J Hand Surg 1984;9:681–683.
18. Bishop AT. The dilemma of ulnar sided wrist pain. Prob Plast Reconstr Surg 1992;2:199–213.
19. Linscheid RL, Dobyns JH, Beabout JW, et al. Traumatic instability of the wrist. Diagnosis, classification and pathomechanics. J Bone Joint Surg 1972;54:1612–1632.
20. Mayfield JK, Johnson RP, Kilcoyne RK. Pathomechanics and progressive perilunar instability. J Hand Surg 1980;5:226–241.
21. Reagan DS, Linscheid RL, Dobyns JH. Lunotriquetral sprains. J Hand Surg 1984;9:502–514.
22. Palmer C, Murray P, Snearly W, et al. The mechanism of ulnar-sided perilunar instability of the wrist. Paper presented at the American Society for Surgery of the Hand; September 15, 1998; Minneapolis, MN.
23. Horii E, Garcia Elias M, An KN, et al. A kinematic study of luno-triquetral dissociations. J Hand Surg 1991;16:355–362.
24. Ritt MJ, Linscheid RL, Cooney WP, et al. The lunotriquetral joint: kinematic effects of sequential ligament sectioning, ligament repair, and arthrodesis. J Hand Surg 1998;23:432–445.
25. Beckenbaugh RD. Accurate evaluation and management of the painful wrist following injury. An approach to carpal instability. Orthop Clin North Am 1984;15:289–306.
26. Lichtman DM, Schneider JR, Swafford AR, et al. Ulnar midcarpal instability—clinical and laboratory analysis. J Hand Surg 1981;6:516–523.
27. Kleinman WB. Diagnostic exams for ligamentous injuries. American Society for Surgery of the Hand, Correspondence Club Newsletter 1985;51.
28. Gilula LA, Destouet JM, Weeks PM, et al. Roentgenographic diagnosis of the painful wrist. Clin Orthop 1984;187:52–64.
29. Kessler I, Silberman Z. An experimental study of the radiocarpal joint by arthrography. Surg Gynecol Obstet 1961;112:33–40.
30. Levinsohn EM, Palmer AK. Arthrography of the traumatized wrist: correlation with radiography and the carpal instability series. Radiology 1983;146:647–651.
31. Mikic ZD. Arthrography of the wrist joint: an experimental study. J Bone Joint Surg 1984;66:371–378.
32. Cantor RM, Stern PJ, Wyrick JD et al. The relevance of ligament tears or perforations in the diagnosis of wrist pain: an arthrographic study. J Hand Surg 1994;19:945–953.
33. Kirschenbaum D, Seiler S, Solonick D, et al. Arthrography of the wrist. Assessment of the integrity of the ligaments in young asymptomatic adults. J Bone Joint Surg 1995;77:1207–1209.
34. Gilula LA, Weeks PM. Post-traumatic ligamentous instabilities of the wrist. Radiology 1978;129:641–651.
35. Smith DK, Snearly WN. Lunotriquetral interosseous ligament of the wrist: MR appearances in asymptomatic volunteers and arthrographically normal wrists. Radiology 1994;191:199–202.
36. Timins ME, Jahnke JP, Krah SF, et al. MR imaging of the major carpal stabilizing ligaments: normal anatomy and clinical examples. Radiographics 1995;15:575–587.
37. Bora FW, Osterman AL, Maitin E, et al. The role of arthroscopy in the treatment of disorders of the wrist. Contemp Orthop 1986;12:28–36.
38. Whipple TL, Marotta JJ, Powell JH III. Techniques of wrist arthroscopy. Arthroscopy 1986;2:224–252.
39. Geissler WB, Freeland AE, Weiss AP, et al. Techniques of wrist arthroscopy. Instr Course Lect 2000;49:225–237.
40. Shin AY, Weinstein LP, Berger RA, et al. Treatment of isolated injuries of the lunotriquetral ligament. A comparison of arthrodesis, ligament reconstruction and ligament repair. J Bone Joint Surg 2001;83:1023–1028.
41. Berger RA, Bishop AT, Bettinger PC. New dorsal capsulotomy for the surgical exposure of the wrist. Ann Plast Surg 1995;1:54–59.
42. Wolf JM, Weiss AP. Bone-retinaculum-bone reconstruction of scapholunate ligament injuries. Orthop Clin North Am 2001;32:241–246.
43. Cuenod P. Osteoligamentoplasty and limited dorsal capsulodesis for chronic scapholunate dissociation. Ann Chir Main Memb Super 1999;18:38–53.
44. Hofstede DJ, Ritt MJ, Bos KE. Tarsal autografts for reconstruction of the scapholunate interosseous ligament: a biomechanical study. J Hand Surg 1999;24:968–976.
45. DeVilliers Minnaar AB. Congenital fusion of the lunate and triquetral bones in the South African Bantu. J Bone Joint Surg 1952;34:45–48.
46. Meyerdierks EM, Mosher JF, Werner FW. Limited wrist arthrodesis: a laboratory study. J Hand Surg 1987;12:526–529.
47. Ortiz J, Berger RA. The influence of tobacco abuse on nonunion and delayed union rates in arthrodeses of the wrist. Paper presented at: the Annual Meeting of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand; 1999; Boston, MA.
48. Nelson DL, Manske PR, Pruitt DL, et al. Lunotriquetral arthrodesis. J Hand Surg 1993;18:1113–1120.
49. Alexander CE, Lichtman DM. Triquetrolunate and midcarpal instability. In: Lichtman DM, ed. The wrist and its disorders. Philadelphia: WB Saunders, 1988:274–285.
50. Hastings DE, Silver RL. Intercarpal arthrodesis in the management of chronic carpal instability after trauma. J Hand Surg 1984;9:834–840.
51. Lichtman DM, Schneider JR, Swafford AR, et al. Ulnar midcarpal instability—clinical and laboratory analysis. J Hand Surg 1981;6:515–523.
52. Kirschenbaum D, Coyle MP, Leddy JP. Chronic lunotriquetral instability: diagnosis and treatment. J Hand Surg 1993;18:1107–1112.
53. Pin PG, Young VL, Gilula LA, et al. Management of chronic lunotriquetral ligament tears. J Hand Surg 1989;14:77–83.
54. Linscheid RL. Ulnar lengthening and shortening. Hand Clin 1987;3:69–79.
55. Lichtman DM, Noble WH III, Alexander CE. Dynamic lunotriquetral instability: case report. J Hand Surg 1984;9:185–187.
56. Shin AY, Battaglia MJ, Bishop AT. Lunotriquetral instability: diagnosis and treatment. J Am Acad Orthop Surg 2000;8:170–179.