1. Crile G. Excision of cancer of the head and neck. JAMA 1906;47:1780-1786.
2. Martin H, Del Valle B, Erhlich H, et al. Neck dissection. Cancer 1951;4: 441-449.
3. Lindberg R. Distribution of cervical lymph node metastases from squamous cell carcinoma of the upper respiratory and digestive tracts. Cancer 1972;29: 1446-1449.
4. Byers RM, Wolf PF, Ballantyne AJ. Rationale for elective modified neck dissection. Head Neck Surg 1988;10:160-167.
5. Shah JP. Patterns of cervical lymph node metastasis from squamous carcinomas of the upper aerodigestive tract. Am J Surg 1990;160: 405-409.
6. Fisch UP, Sigel ME. Cervical lymphatic system as visualized by lymphography. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 1964;73:869-882.
7. Tobias MI. Lymphatics of the larynx, the trachea, and the oesophagus. In: Rouviere H, ed. Anatomy of the human lymphatic system: a compendium. Ann Arbor, MI: Edwards Brothers, 1938:57-62.
8. Skolnik EM. The posterior triangle in radical neck surgery. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 1976;102:1-4.
9. Toker C. Some observations on the distribution of metastatic squamous carcinoma within cervical lymph nodes. Ann Surg 1963; 157:419-426.
10. Ballantyne AJ. Significance of retropharyngeal nodes in cancer of the head and neck. Am J Surg 1964;108:500-503.
11. Hasegawa Y, Matsuura H. Retropharyngeal node dissection in cancer of the oropharynx and hypopharynx. Head Neck 1994;16:173-180.
12. McLaughlin MP, Mendenhall WM, Mancuso A, et al. Retropharyngeal adenopathy as a predictor of outcome in squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck. Head Neck 1995;17:190-198.
13. O’Brien CJ, Smith JW, Soong SJ, et al. Neck dissection with and without radiotherapy prognostic factors, patterns of recurrence and survival.Am J Surg 1986;152:456-463.
14. Johnson JT, Barnes EL, Myers EN. The extracapsular spread of tumors in cervical node metastasis. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 1981;107:725-728.
15. Johnson JT, Myers EN, Bedetti CD, et al. Cervical lymph node metastases. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 1985;111:534-537.
16. Steinhart H, Schroeder HG, Buchta B, et al. Prognostic significance of extra-capsular invasion in cervical lymph node metastases of squamous epithelial carcinoma. Laryngorhinootologie 1994;73:620-625.
17. Carter RL, Barr LC, O’Brien CJ. Transcapsular spread of metastatic squamous cell carcinoma. Am J Surg 1985;150:495-499.
18. Olsen KD, Caruso M, Foote RL, et al. Primary head and neck cancer. Histopathologic predictors of recurrence after neck dissection in patients with lymph node involvement. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 1994;120: 1370-1374.
19. Leemans CR, Tiwari R, Nauta JJ, et al. Regional lymph node involvement and its significance in the development of distant metastases in head and neck carcinoma. Cancer 1993; 71:452-456.
20. Spiro RH, Alfonso AE, Farr HW, et al. Cervical node metastasis from epidermoid carcinoma of the oral cavity and oropharynx. A critical assessment of current staging. Am J Surg 1974;128:562-567.
21. Tulenko J, Priore RL, Hoffmeister FS. Cancer of the tongue. Am J Surg 1966; 112: 562-568.
22. Mendelson BC, Woods JE, Beahrs OH. Neck dissection in the treatment of carcinoma of the anterior two thirds of the tongue. Surg Gynecol Obstet 1976; 143:75-80.
23. Shah JP, Tollefsen HR. Epidermoid carcinoma of the supraglottic larynx. Am J Surg 1974;128:494-500.
24. Ho JHC. An epidemiological and clinical study of nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 1978;4:183-198.
25. Teo PML, Leung SF, Yu P, et al. A comparison of Ho’s, International Union against Cancer, and American Joint Committee Stage Classifications for nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Cancer 1991;67:434-439.
26. Grandi C, Boracchi P, Mezzanotte G, et al. Analysis of prognostic factors and proposal of a new classification for nasopharyngeal cancer. Head Neck Surg 1990;12:31-40.
27. Greene F, Page D, Fleming I, et al. AJCC cancer staging manual, 6th ed. New York: Springer Verlag, 2002.
28. Baatenburg de Jong RJ, Gullane PG, Freeman JL. The significance of false positive nodes in patients with oral cancer. J Otolaryngol 1993;22:154-159.
29. DeSanto LW, Holt JJ, Beahrs OH. Neck dissection: is it worthwhile? Laryngoscope 1982;92:502-509.
30. Fall HW, Goldfarb PM, Farr CW. Epidermoid carcinoma of the mouth and pharynx at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. Am J Surg 1980;140: 563-567.
31. Shaba AR, Spiro RH, Shah JP, et al. Squamous carcinoma of the floor of the mouth. Am J Surg 1984;148:455-459.
32. Kalnins IK, Leonard AG, Sako K. Correlation between prognosis and degree of lymph node involvement in carcinoma of the oral cavity. Am J Surg 1977; 134:450-454.
32a. Robins KT, Medina JE, Wolfe GT. Standardizing neck dissection terminology. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 1991;117:604-605.
33. Medina JE. A rational classification of neck dissections. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 1989;100:169-176.
34. Weiss MH, Harrison LB, Isaacs RS. Use of decision analysis in planning a management strategy for the stage N0 neck. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 1994;120:699-702.
35. Close L, Merkel M, Vuitch ME, et al. Computed tomographic evaluation for regional lymph node involvement in cancer of the oral cavity and oropharynx. Head Neck Surg 1989;11:309-317.
36. Friedman M, Mafee MF, Pacella BL, et al. Rationale for elective neck dissection in 1990. Laryngoscope 1990;100:54-59.
37. Friedman M, Shelton VK, Mafee MM. Metastatic neck disease: evaluation by computed tomography. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 1984;110:443-447.
38. Cachin Y. Management of cervical nodes in head and neck cancer. In: Evans PH, Robin PE, Fielding JW eds. Head and neck cancer. New York: Alan R. Liss, 1983.
39. Mancuso A, Hanafee WN. Computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging of the head and neck. Baltimore: Williams & Wilkins, 1985.
40. Steinkamp HJ, Cornehl M, Hosten N, et al. Cervical lymphadenopathy: ratio of long- to short-axis diameter as a predictor of malignancy. Br J Radiol 1995;68:266-270.
41. Van den Brekel MW, Castelijns JA, Stel HV, et al. Modern imaging techniques and ultrasound guided aspiration cytology for the assessment of neck node metastases: a prospective comparative study. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 1993; 250: 11-17.
42. Martinez-Gimeno C, Rodriguez RM, Navarro C, et al. Squamous cell carcinoma of the oral cavity: a clinicopathologic scoring system for evaluating risk of cervical lymph node metastasis. Laryngoscope 1995;105:728-733.
43. Mohit-Tabatabai MA, Sobel HJ, Rush BF, et al. Relation of thickness of floor of mouth stage I and II cancers to regional metastasis. Am J Surg 1986;152: 351-353.
44. Spiro RH, Huvos AG, Wong GY, et al. Predictive value of tumor thickness in squamous cell carcinoma confined to the tongue and floor of the mouth. Am J Surg 1986;152:345-350.
45. Long JP, Schechter GL, Nettleton JM, et al. Correlating primary head and neck cancer thickness, growth and treatment delay with the risk of cervical nodal metastasis. Final Program and Abstract Book. Fourth International Conference on Head and Neck Cancer, July 28-August 1, 1996. 1996;80(abst).
46. Frierson HE Cooper PH. Prognostic factors in squamous cell carcinoma of the lower lip. Hum Pathol 1986;17:346-354.
47. Rasgon BM, Cruz RM, Hilsinger RL, et al. Relation of lymph node metastasis to histopathologic appearance in oral cavity and oropharyngeal carcinoma: a case series and literature review. Laryngoscope 1989;99:1103-1110.
48. Willen R, Nathanson A, Moberger C, et al. Squamous cell carcinoma of the gingiva: histological classification and grading of malignancy. Acta Otolaryngol 1975;79:146-154.
49. McGavran MH, Bauer WC, Ogura JH. The incidence of cervical lymph node metastases from epidermoid carcinoma of the larynx and their relationship to certain characteristics of the primary tumor: a study based on the clinical and pathological findings for 96 patients treated by primary en bloc laryngectomy and radical neck dissection. Cancer 1961;14:55-65.
50. Umeda M, Yokoo S, Take Y, et al. Lymph node metastasis in squamous cell carcinoma of the oral cavity: correlation between histologic features and the prevalence of metastasis. Head Neck Surg 1992;14:263-272.
51. Bryne M, Koppang HS, Lilleng R, et al. Malignancy grading of the deep invasive margins of oral squamous cell carcinomas has high prognostic value. J Pathol 1992;166:375-381.
52. Yamamoto E, Miyakawa A, Kohama G. Mode of invasion and lymph node metastasis in squamous cell carcinoma of the oral cavity. Head Neck Surg 1984; 6:938-947.
53. Crissman JD, Liu WY, Gluckman JL, et al. Prognostic value of histopathologic parameters in squamous cell carcinoma of the oropharynx. Cancer 1984; 54:2995-3001.
54. Close LG, Burns DK, Reisch J, et al. Microvascular invasion in cancer of the oral cavity and oropharynx. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 1987;113: 1191-1195.
55. Poleksic S, Kalwaic HJ. Prognostic value of vascular invasion in squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck. Plast Reconstr Surg 1978;61:234-240.
56. Tytor M, Olofsson J, Ledin T, et al. Squamous cell carcinoma of the oral cavity. A review of 176 cases with application of malignancy grading and DNA measurements. Clin Otolaryngol 1990;15:235-252.
57. Hemmer J, Schon E, Kreidler J, et al. Prognostic implications of DNA ploidy in squamous cell carcinoma of the tongue assessed by flow cytometry. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 1990;116:83-86.
58. Wolf GT, Fisher SG, Truelson JM, et al. DNA content and regional metastases in patients with advanced laryngeal squamous carcinoma. Department of Veterans Affairs Laryngeal Study Group. Laryngoscope 1994;104:479-483.
59. Franzen G, Olofsson J, Tytor M, et al. Malignancy grading and cytophotometric evaluation of T1 lip carcinomas. Clin Otolaryngol 1987;12:81-87.
60. Lampe HB, Flint A, Wolf GT, et al. Flow cytometry: DNA analysis of squamous cell carcinoma of the upper aerodigestive tract. J Otolaryngol 1987;16: 371-375.
61. Williams JK, Carlson GW, Cohen C, et al. Tumor angiogenesis as a prognostic factor in oral cavity tumors. Am J Surg 1994;168:373-380.
62. Leedy DA, Cohen JI, Trune DR, et al. Tumor angiogenesis, the p53 antigen, and cervical metastasis in squamous cell carcinoma of the oral tongue. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 1994;111(abst):417-422.
63. Murakami M, Mimaki S, Saitou Y, et al. Immunohistological investigation of the type IV collagen in the basement membrane surrounding the cancer nest (cancer nest membrane) of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma its relation to frequency of cervical lymph node metastasis. J Otorhinolaryngol Soc Jpn 1992;95:1773-1784.
64. Mamelle G, Pampurik J, Luboinski B, et al. Lymph node prognostic factors in head and neck squamous cell carcinomas. Am J Surg 1994;168:494-498.
65. Byers RM. Modified neck dissection: a study of 967 cases from 1970 to 1980. Am J Surg 1986;150:414-421.
66. Medina JE, Byers RM. Supraomohyoid neck dissection: rationale, indications and surgical technique. Head Neck Surg 1989;11:111-122.
67. Spiro JD, Spiro RH, Shah JP, et al. Critical assessment of supraomohyoid neck dissection. Am J Surg 1988;156: 286-289.
68. Remmler D, Byers RM, Scheetz JE. A prospective study of shoulder disability resulting from radical and modified neck dissections. Head Neck Surg 1986; 8:280-286.
69. Sobol S, Jensen C, Sawyer W II, et al. Objective comparison of physical dysfunction after neck dissection. Am J Surg 1985;150:503-509.
70. Medina JE, Johnson D. Selective neck dissection. Paper presented at the 33rd Annual Meeting of the American Society for Head and Neck Surgery, Waikoloa, Hawaii, May 7-9, 1991.
71. Kligerman J, Lima RA, Scares JR, et al. Supraomohyoid neck dissection in the treatment of T1/T2 squamous cell carcinoma of the oral cavity. Am J Surg 1994;168(abst):391-397.
72. Pradhan SA, D’Cruz AK, Gulla RI. What is optimum neck dissection for T3/4 buccal-gingival cancers? Ear Arch Otorhinolaryngol 1995;252:143-145.
73. Rassekh C, Johnson J, Myers E. Accuracy of intraoperative staging of the N0 neck in squamous cell carcinoma. Laryngoscope 1995;105: 1334-1336.
74. Fletcher GH. Elective irradiation of subclinical disease in cancers of the head and neck. Cancer 1972;29:1450-1454.
75. Mendenhall WM, Million RR, Cassissi NJ. Elective neck irradiation in carcinoma of the head and neck. Head Neck Surg 1980;3:15-20.
76. Mesic JB, Fletcher GH, Goepfert H. Megalovoltage irradiation of epithelial tumors of the nasopharynx. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 1981;7:447-453.
77. Chen WZ, Zhou DL, Luo KS. Long term observation after radiotherapy for nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC). Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 1989;16: 311-314.
78. Janot F, Cvitkovic E, Piekarski J, et al. Correlation between nodal density in contrasted scans and response to cisplatin-based chemotherapy in head and neck squamous cell cancer: a prospective validation. Head Neck Surg 1993; 15:222-229.
79. De Vries EJ, Sekhar LN, Janecka IP, et al. Elective resection of the internal carotid artery without reconstruction. Laryngoscope 1988;98:960-966.
80. Houck JR, Medina JE. Management of cervical lymph nodes in squamous carcinomas of the head and neck. Semin Surg Oncol 1995;11:228-239.
81. Pearlman NW, Meyers AD, Sullivan WG. Modified radical neck dissection for squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck. Surg Gynecol Obstet 1982; 154:214-216.
82. Brandenburg JH, Lee CY. The XI nerve in radical neck surgery. Laryngoscope 1981;91:1851-1859.
83. Roy PH, Beahrs OH. Spinal accessory nerve in radical neck dissections. Am J Surg 1969;118:800-804.
84. Skolnik EM, Tenta LT, Wineinger DM, et al. Preservation of XI cranial nerve in neck dissection. Laryngoscope 1967;77:1304-1314.
85. Chu W, Strawitz JG. Results in suprahyoid, modified radical, and standard radical neck dissections for metastatic squamous cell carcinoma: recurrence and survival. Am J Surg 1978;136:512-515.
86. Carenfelt C, Eliasson K. Cervical metastases following radical neck dissection that preserved the spinal accessory nerve. Head Neck Surg 1980;2:181-184.
87. Andersen PE, Shah JP, Cambronero E, et al. The role of comprehensive neck dissection with preservation of the spinal accessory nerve in the clinically positive neck. Am J Surg 1994;168:499-502(abst).
88. Lingeman RE, Stephens R, Helmus C, et al. Neck dissection: radical or conservative. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 1977;86: 737-744.
89. Molinari R, Chiesa F, Cantu G, et al. Retrospective comparison of conservative and radical neck dissection in laryngeal cancer. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 1980;89:578-581.
90. Joseph CA, Gregor RT, Davidge-Pitts KJ. The role of functional neck dissection in the management of advanced tumors of the upper aerodigestive tract. S Afr J Surg 1985;23:83-87.
91. Gavilan C, Gavilan J. Five-year results of functional neck dissection for cancer of the larynx. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 1995;115:1193-1196.
92. Bocca E, Pignataro O, Oldini C. Functional neck dissection: an evaluation and review of 843 cases. Laryngoscope 1984;94:942-945.
93. Calearo CV, Teatini G. Functional neck dissection: anatomical grounds, surgical technique, clinical observations. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 1983;89:215-222.
94. Andersen PE, Shah JP, Cambronero E, et al. The role of comprehensive neck dissection with preservation of the spinal accessory nerve in the clinically positive neck. Am J Surg 1994;168:499-502.
95. Marcial UA, Pajak TF. Radiation therapy alone or in combination with surgery in head and neck cancer. Cancer 1985;255:2259-2269.
96. Vikram B, Strong EW, Shah JP, et al. Failure in the neck following multimodality treatment for advanced head and neck cancer. Head Neck Surg 1984;6:724-729.
97. Peters LJ, Goepfert H, Kiang AK, et al. Evaluation of the dose for postoperative radiation therapy of head and neck cancer: first report of a prospective randomized trial. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 1993;26:3-11.
98. Freeman SB, Hamaker RC, Rate WR, et al. Management of advanced cervical metastasis using intraoperative radiotherapy. Laryngoscope 1995;105: 575-578.
99. Brennan JA, Jafek BW. Elective carotid artery resection for advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the neck. Laryngoscope 1994;104: 259-263.
100. McIver NP, Willinsky RA, Terbrugge KG, et al. Validity of test occlusion studies prior to internal carotid artery sacrifice. Head Neck Surg 1994;16:11-16.
101. Reilly MK, Perry MO, Netterville JL, et al. Carotid artery replacement in conjunction with resection of squamous cell carcinoma of the neck: preliminary results. J Vasc Surg 1992;15: 324-330.
102. Byers RM, Clayman GL, Guillamondegui OM, et al. Resection of advanced cervical metastasis prior to definitive radiotherapy for primary squamous carcinomas of the upper aerodigestive tract. Head Neck Surg 1992;14:133-138.
103. French Head and Neck Study Group. Early pharyngolaryngeal carcinomas with palpable nodes. Am J Surg 1991;162:377-380.
104. Wolf GT, Fisher SG. Effectiveness of salvage neck dissection for advanced regional metastases when induction chemotherapy and radiation are used for organ preservation. Laryngoscope 1992;102: 934-939.
105. Armstrong J, Pfister D, Strong E, et al. The management of the clinically positive neck as part of a larynx preservation approach. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 1993;26:759-765.
106. Schuller DE, Reiches NA, Hamaker RC. Analysis of disability resulting from treatment including radical neck dissection or modified neck dissection. Head Neck Surg 1983;6:551-558.
107. Sterns MP, Shaheen OH. Preservation of the accessory nerve in neck dissections. J Otol Rhinol Laryngol 1981;95:1141-1148.
108. Short SO, Kaplan JN, Laramore GE, et al. Shoulder pain and function after neck dissection with or without preservation of the spinal accessory nerve. Am J Surg 1984;148:478-482.
108a. Weitz JW Weitz SL, McElhinney AJ. A technique for preservation of spinal accessory nerve function in radical neck dissection. Head Neck Surg 1982;5: 75-78.
109. Leipzig B, Suen JY, English JL, et al. Functional evaluation of the spinal accessory nerve after neck dissection. Am J Surg 1983;146:526-530.
110. Timon CV, Brown D, Gullane P. Internal jugular vein blowout complicating head and neck surgery. J Laryngol Otol 1994;108:423-425.
111. Crumley RL, Smith JD. Postoperative chylous fistula prevention and management. Laryngoscope 1976;86:804-816.
112. Spiro JD, Spiro RH, Strong EW. The management of chyle fistula. Laryngoscope 1990;100:771-774.
113. Sugarbaker ED, Wiley HM. Intracranial pressure studies incident to the resection of the internal jugular vein. Cancer 1951;4:242-250.
114. Royster MP. The relation between internal jugular vein pressure and CSF pressure in the operation of radical neck dissection. Ann Surg 1953;137: 826-831.
115. Wenig BL, Heller KS. The syndrome of inappropriate secretion of antidiuretic hormone (SIADH) following neck dissection. Laryngoscope 1987;97:467-470.
116. McQuarrie DG, Mayberg M, Faerguson M. A physiologic approach to the problem of simultaneous bilateral neck dissection. Am J Neurosurg 1977;134: 455-460.
117. Moorthy S, Sullivan T, Fallon JH, et al. Loss of hypoxic ventilatory response following bilateral neck dissection. Anesth Analg 1993;76:791-794.
118. Marks SC, Jaques DA, Hirata RM, et al. Blindness following bilateral radical neck dissection. Head Neck 1990;12:342-345.
119. Schobel GA, Schmidbauer M, Millesi W, et al. Posterior ischemic optic neuropathy following bilateral radical neck dissection. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 1995;24:283-287.
120. Zohar Y, Strauss M, Sabo R, et al. Internal jugular vein patency after functional neck dissection: venous duplex imaging. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 1995; 104:532-536.
121. Cotter CS, Stringer SP, Landau S, et al. Patency of the internal jugular vein following modified radical neck dissection. Laryngoscope 1994;104:841-845.
122. Docherty JG, Carter R, Sheldon CD, et al. Relative effect of surgery and radiotherapy on the internal jugular vein following functional neck dissection. Head Neck 1993;15:553-556.
123. Shah JP, Candela FC, Poddar AK. The patterns of cervical lymph node metastases from squamous carcinoma of the oral cavity. Cancer 1990;66: 109-113.
124. Candela FC, Kothari K, Shah JP. Patterns of cervical node metastases from squamous carcinoma of the oropharynx and hypopharynx. Head Neck Surg 1990;12:197-203.
125. Candela FC, Shah J, Jaques DP, et al. Patterns of cervical node metastases from squamous carcinoma of the larynx. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 1990; 116:432-435.
Radiologic Imaging Concerns
126. Som PM. Detection of metastasis in cervical lymph nodes: CT and MR criteria and differential diagnosis [Review]. AJR Am J Roentgenol 1992;158: 961-969.
127. van den Brekel MW, Castelijns JA, Snow GB. Detection of lymph node metastases in the neck: radiologic criteria [Editorial; Comment]. Radiology 1994;192: 617-618.
128. Baatenburg de Jong RJ, Knegt P, Verwoerd CD. Reduction of the number of neck treatments in patients with head and neck cancer [Review]. Cancer 1993;71:2312-2318.
129. Braams JW, Pruim J, Freling NJ, et al. Detection of lymph node metastases of squamous-cell cancer of the head and neck with FDG-PET and MRI. J Nucl Med 1995;36:211-216.
130. Anzai Y, Blackwell KE, Hirschowitz SL, et al. Initial clinical experience with dextran-coated superparamagnetic iron oxide for detection of lymph node metastases in patients with head and neck cancer [see Comments]. Radiology 1994;192:709-715.
131. Anzai Y, Prince MR. Iron oxide-enhanced MR lymphography: the evaluation of cervical lymph node metastases in head and neck cancer [Review]. J Magn Reson Imag 1997;7:75-81.
132. Takes RP, Righi P, Meeuwis CA, et al. The value of ultrasound with ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration biopsy compared to computed tomography in the detection of regional metastases in the clinically negative neck. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 1998;40:1027-1032.
133. Ariji Y, Kimura Y. Power Doppler sonography of cervical lymph nodes in patients with head and neck cancer. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 1998;19:303-307.
134. Adams S, Baum RP, Stuckensen T, et al. Prospective comparison of 18F-FDG PET with conventional imaging modalities (CT, MRI, US) in lymph node staging of head and neck cancer. Eur J Nucl Med 1998;25:1255-1260.
135. Boland GW, Lee MJ, Mueller PR, et al. Efficacy of sonographically guided biopsy of thyroid masses and cervical lymph nodes. AJR Am J Roentgenol 1993;161:1053-1056.
136. Gregor RT, Valdes-Olmos R, Koops W, et al. Preliminary experience with thallous chloride T1 201-labeled single-photon emission computed tomography scanning in head and neck cancer. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 1996; 122:509-514.
137. Stokkel MP, ten Broek FW, Hordijk GJ, et al. Preoperative evaluation of patients with primary head and neck cancer using dual-head 18fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography. Ann Surg 2000;231:229-234.
138. Fleming I, Cooper J, Henson D, eds. AJCC cancer staging manual, 5th ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott-Raven, 1997.
139. Kraus DH, Rosenberg DB, Davidson BJ, et al. Supraspinal accessory lymph node metastases in supraomohyoid neck dissection. Am J Surg 1996;172: 646-649.
140. Labadie RF, Yarbrough WG, Weissler MC, et al. Nodal volume reduction after concurrent chemo- and radiotherapy: correlation between initial CT and histopathologic findings. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 2000;21:310-314.
141. Som PM, Urken ML, Biller H, et al. Imaging the postoperative neck [Review]. Radiology 1993;187:593-603.
142. Hudgins PA, Burson JG, Gussack GS, et al. CT and MR appearance of recurrent malignant head and neck neoplasms after resection and flap reconstruction. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 1994;15:1689-1694.
143. Wester DJ, Whiteman ML, Singer S, et al. Imaging of the postoperative neck with emphasis on surgical flaps and their complications. AJR Am J Roentgenol 1995;164:989-993.